Pages

ETEEAP: Schools, Programs, and Meaning


I am a  graduate of Bachelor of Science in Electronics Engineering 2013, and that is via ETEEAP or the Expanded Tertiary Education Equivalency and Accreditation Program by the Commission on Higher Education.

As far as I know, the said program was created during the administration of former president Fidel V. Ramos.

The program has been aimed to grant degrees to those working professionals.

Basically, each accredited institution of higher learning is deputized to create a program wherein working professionals can apply for an equivalent degree to his/her work experience.

For example, a politician can apply for a degree or college diploma that is equivalent to his work experience or political career. A good example of this is Manny Pacquiao who was granted a Degree in AB Political  Science.

Another example is a person working as a Book-keeper who can apply for a Bachelor of Science in Accountancy.

During my time, the majority of us, applicants or ETEEAP students, were applying for Engineering Degree. As mentioned earlier, I applied and graduated as a BS Electronics Engineering graduate.

Each university/school implementing ETEEAP has its own program or way of implementing ETEEAP. As for my school where I graduated. It was a one-year academic program. It was basically a compressed one. What I mean is that you have to learn everything for one year that is supposed to be learned in a five-year engineering course. The reason behind this is that since we are already working professionals, it is assumed that we already have had the necessary skills, knowledge, and previous academic background that is necessary to be granted an appropriate degree. For those working abroad, you can have it too. Yes, some schools offer distance learning. The method of teaching is via Skype. I think it's more expensive though.

Although it sounds like "formality", the program was not easy, at least in my opinion and experience. The most challenging part during my ETEEAP days was the Project Study or Thesis. It was an individual one. There were times that I took absent from work just to finish the assignments and papers. We burnt candles at night to get the degree.

The tuition fee also varies for each school/course one is applying for. I will not give you an idea how much I spent because it is now 2021. It has been eight years since I graduated. Yes, just like an ordinary student, you will also get the chance to march for graduation, pictorials, and transcript of record, diploma, and board exam.

For more information, Please visit the CHED website...

I am not into writing, so please be patient with my grammar. Will install Grammarly later,, hehe. Leave a comment if you want to know more.

No comments:

Post a Comment